Sunday, February 1, 2009

Local women's organization

I've been looking for my local woman's organization and I found a group in progress called "New Pride" which is a support group and community meeting place for young LGBT adults who are coming out. I don't know if this counts as an organization however? The group is still looking for another facilitator (someone to help run the group) and I applied for the position, which would also make me a working member of the New Pride host organization called The Akron Pride Center. The APC is a local organization that hosts all kinds of LGBT support groups as well as community meetings, disscussions and programs that all have to do with LGBT issues. The organization strives to include diversity into all their programs.
I chose this organization because I feel like it is all inclusive. It supports and creates a safe place for all ranges of the LGBT community, from teens to the New Pride group to drug and alchohol addiction support for LGBT individuals.

- OH PS here is the link to website if you are interested New Pride
also check out the Akron Pride Center they do a lot of really interesting programs and community work

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lindsay, I wanted to let you and anyone else know about this thing Akron Pride Center does with Acme receipts. 5% of anything you buy from there that is food club, valutime, topcrest brand etc. is donated. You send your receipts to Akron Pride Center P.O.Box 22254 Akron, OH 44302. (I know this is a little silly but I think its something small everyone can do...as long as they shop at Acme!)
    Cya Later
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete